Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Great Escape

The last newt is gone. I put it in the tank and then the next morning it had left. But to have gotten out it would have had to have climb up the tank wall -- which it can do -- then climb across the ceiling, which of course it can't. But we didn't find any body or anything, so it must have gone somewhere. But where? Dad thinks it disapparated. Mom thinks it was raptured.

I only had newts for 5 months; I got them for Christmas; the first one -- Alistor -- died of the Extremely Lethal Disgusting Green Bubble Mouth Disease (you don't want to know what that is); the next one -- Ember -- died of starvation; newt #3 -- Magma -- is gone as of last weekend. Now we are newtless.

I am trying to get Mom to get me a new pet, like a turtle, or a fighting fish, or a newtish thing,
or a pygmy alligator, or a frog, but she said she doesn't want to get anything where we will have to clean its tank.

She doesn't mind cages though. Don't you want to get me a hamster? my birthday is next week!

josie

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If He's rapturing up the newts, we're all in deep trouble...

I suggest a capybara

Lexi and Jenny said...

I love the idea that the Rapture happened and noone in the world is missing except Josie's newt (and possibly Menna's sock.)