
Then today after sorting through a rich but random box of somebody else's family photos and then clearing the last of the historical society's stuff out of one off-site storage location into another, I headed for Alki to go skating -- quick, before it starts raining again. Before I had gone three blocks, I suddenly remembered what the drywall reminded me of.

I don't know who designed the public art for the Edmonds Street Light Rail Station, and I'm willing to bet they weren't thinking of stacked drywall when they conceived this piece, but I'd like to thank the artist for inadvertently "ensuring that the details of everyday life, the random constellations of objects that surround us, stop going unnoticed" -- as the late George Brecht once put it.
4 comments:
Amber can tell you.
You old Fluxus, you!
We went skating last night near Palo Alto for Big Gay Skate! which apparently happens every wednesday night here. Derby girls and sisters of perpetual indulgence were almost enough to make it worth being at a skate rink without you. Almost.
PS. Are you doing something creatively maladjustmentful for MLK Day?
Post a Comment