Sunday, March 28, 2010

I [HEART] My Stunt Double

Josie and I got home from her roller derby bout on Friday night to find a mysterious stranger leaning casually over the banister upstairs. This newest member of our family didn't have a lot to say, but his relaxed attitude and highly developed fashion sense quickly endeared him to young and old alike. On Saturday morning some sunglasses, black gloves, and a pair of white Chuck Taylors were added to his ensemble, with the help of about a mile of duct tape.





When I arrived home from a brief appearance at a board meeting later that day, our new friend had been incorporated into the kids' latest cinematographic effort:





We're hoping Joe the Dummy (as he has been christened) will stick around for Spring Break, at least. What's not to love about a flexible, laid-back, sharp dressed man of few words, who knows how to cuddle and is willing to take a fall on his buddy's behalf?